Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Friday, July 15, 2016

What We've Done With No Kids

3 weeks, without either child.   I'm super grateful, as I have had the time to study for an exam without needing to wait until they were in bed when I would be exhausted.  Then, I got to go car shopping without them around (which was amazing, and nice alone time with adam, since we didn't really see each other while I was studying).  We miss the kids now, though.   So here's what went on at the Miller House:




Week 1:
Athena:  Study - every day, no fun
Adam:  Either ran, or played disc golf everyday.  Sometimes both




Week 2:
Both:  Worked on the shelves in the morning room and went to a 4th of July Party. Car shopping.
Athena:  Study - every day, no fun (even left the party early to study), got into car accident, passed exam, painted 'believeland' with my mom,   went to dealership, told a dealer they were ridiculous for trying to sell a particular vehicle at the price they wanted, left dealership
Adam:  Ran and played disc golf. 




Week 3:
Both: Stained the swing set AND the stairs to the patio.  Bought a car, went grocery shopping, went to a concert (Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin), ate dinner at my parents, made Adam's dad a (late) father's day gift. (We had the plans for weeks, but never got around to making it - until 10:15 the night before leaving for Cinci).




It sucked that I had a majority of the first two weeks studying for the exam, but it was nice to have some time after the exam to enjoy being with Adam.   I am SOO ready to get the boys  now.  I'm sure they'll be rough the first few days, but I miss their hugs and kisses and wrestling and laughs.




Disturbed, from inside the pavilion during the storm

The concert (at Blossom) was fun, but a little crazy, as a HUGE fast storm came through.   Disturbed stopped mid concert to tell people to get into bathrooms or the pavilion to protect from the wind/lightning.   After about 20 minutes of the lawn being emptied out into the Pavilion (Yes, 10,000 people fit into the pavilion, haha) they started playing again.  It was awesome, because the lawn wasn't very packed at all, and it was tough getting into the concert mentality, but it got all better once we were squished (but not uncomfortably at all) into the pavilion.   It was also pretty awesome to run into my sorority sister, husband and friend (Jessica, who we both know from different places) and hang out with them for the concert.   Good Times!





The hard part is done, now all I need to do is put another coat or two of stain on.


Much darker steps, very pretty,
they match the swingset now

No comments: