Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Friday, April 11, 2014

SLEEEEEP!!!!!

 So as my Facebook post from a few days ago stated "F- all those doctors that told me Prevacid doesn't cause insomnia."  Because, two days after we took Atlas off of the medication, he started sleeping.  Two nights in a row he only woke up once, and one night he's woken up twice.  He's gone to sleep closer to 7:00 than 7:30, and will sleep NON STOP until around 4:30, then wake up once and go right back to sleep after a back pat or something.  That's 9.5 straight hours we've gotten a few times!!!  I now feel bad for all of the bad things I've said about Atlas' sleep habits, apparently, it wasn't his fault.  

He's currently sick with a cold, but, as soon as the cold is gone we're going to change out his formula, slowly.   It's so nice to have my fun loving (and now sleeping) child.  I might have said this before, but at times, I feel like I'm meeting him for the first time.  He'll sit and play, he likes to share toys (especially his pacifier, no doubt why he's always getting colds from school).  Ares is so good with him.  When Atlas tries to share his pacifier, Ares will pretend to suck on it for a couple seconds and then give it back.  

Ares got his new bike for his birthday, and is getting better on it as each day goes by.  He loves to play outside, and I'm kind of regretting the house that we bought, because I do not feel comfortable leaving him outside alone due to the road behind the house.  He knows my rules (and follows them very well, so far) but it still makes me nervous.

Adam took him to the track to run the other day.  He can run an entire lap without stopping. That's pretty good!    I wish I could have gone too.  I put Atlas to bed 5 minutes after they left.  Ares was on his second lap by himself (Adam was sprinting) but, in his words (a stranger was coming, so I ran across the field to daddy).  


Happy Birthday Daddy!


Bad cell phone picture, but this shows his Mashables that
he got with his birthday money.

Daddy got his bicycle rack for his car!


Ares must have held his brother almost 10 times down this slide.
They both loved it equally. 



No comments: