Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

On the Go

I feel as if our family motto should be : Take a seat, hold on tight
-Welcome to the Miller Family

I love it.  Don't get me wrong, but the exact thing that I've sworn I'd not do again has already happened.  From April through August, we have six days, (DAYS!) In which we don't have plans already made.  Nearly everything are things we want to do, otherwise we'd have turned it down, but wow, craziness. 

Ares has started baseball and soccer for the season already.  His coach for baseball is a bit, uhm, intense.  He's the baseball coach for the high school.  He knows his stuff, and can really handle the hyper active and behavioral problem kids quite well, but he's an asshole.  He only lets the fathers help out,  regardless of if the father protests and says the mother knows more about ball and would rather do it. 
His soccer coach is the same he had last season.  Also great with the kids and a lot of fun.  He's the father of girls who go to Ares and Atlas' school, so it's much more like us.  It's funny how our little bubble in streetsboro is going to pop soon.  The families at our school are very similar.  The families in streetsboro - not so much.  I think this is going to be an awakening- for me. 

Atlas is an amazing kid.  He sleeps all night, for the most part.  7:15-7:15. We love it. He's also happy most other times.  He's off his meds, almost off the prescription formula and we have an appt with his specialist this afternoon. 
He had his 9 month appointment on Monday.  He measures a whopping 29" (75%) and 19lb 15oz (53%) with his head at 35%. Just like Ares, he looks more proportional with the not-large baby head.  Although atlas is both taller and slightly heavier than Ares was at this age (19 lb 4oz and 28").

Adam has been getting ready for his weekend race in Indiana with his buddies and sister. He's so excited, they all have matching shirts, and he asked me to add something to the back with my silhouette. I've been doing a lot of projects lately for other people to bring some extra money in.  I've made about 35$ so far, haha. I don't mark my things up far enough.  MAYBE I can make enough in the future to pay for a house cleaning person to come a couple times a month. 

I'm writing this on my phone.  Hopefully I don't have to many typing errors and I can figure out how to add photos.  Happy spring everyone!

No comments: