Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ahhhh Sleep!


Not because Atlas is sleeping, but because my mom kept the boys overnight last night.   Atlas is still waking up between 6-11 times, sometimes for an hour and a half at a time. Screaming.   We haven't held him over night in weeks, so it's not that he's spoiled, we're just not sure what's up.   On the  plus side, he's a happy baby during the day, and he's starting to play with his toys a lot more.

I've decided since the formula is working pretty well, that I'm going to stop pumping.  I've got more than 2,000 oz of milk stored in our deep freezer, so Jen's preemie twins get a whole lot of milk even though she's not breastfeeding.

Adam's interviews went very well recently.  He still hasn't heard about the job though.  On the plus side, he got a very good year end review for his current position.

We've had some crazy cold weather lately, snow, and wind which created some neat little snow ball things.  It's almost like we could make snowmen with what is left in our yard.
The boys have started playing together more.  I actually got 15 minutes of quiet time while Ares entertained Atlas with his Zoo Animals.


Atlas has started eating solid foods.  Kind of.  Here, he's eating peas, however, they did NOT like  his tummy, so we're back to organic rice cereal -  and that's it.  Yay.

I think this might be one of the last pictures I have of his long hair.   I was cutting Adam and Ares'  hair, so I decided to go ahead and cut Atlas' as well.  He was a trooper, and Adam attached the GoPro to the razor! haha!  The video was put to the flight of the bumblebee song and put on Facebook.  I'm not sure how to post it here.
























Best Friends?   Probably not, with 4.5 years between them, but at least they can get along!

Our Luau was a huge success this year.  We had 62 people attend, which was a lot, but the house handled it fairly easily.  There was lots of food, LOTS of fun, and all of the kids behaved.  ALL of them, I think there were 18 altogether.  GO. US.   I believe this was the 4th annual.  We'll have another next January for sure!


(remember when I used to post every day?  Or every other day? lol, ahhh, I wish I could go back to that.)

No comments: