Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, January 6, 2014

After Christmas... Hospital Stay

Friday Ares, Davis, Devin and I drove to Great Wolfe Lodge for the night.   Darah and Adam met us up there a few hours later, because they each had to work that day.   I had planned on dropping Atlas off at Chrissy/Colt's house for the day, until my in-laws came up into town, but Atlas had a fever, so we ended up taking him to my mom's.  He gave her a hard time, and then my in-laws a hard time.

We had an awesome time at the water park.  It was nice to get away.  We came home to a sick little boy though.  He was up ALL NIGHT LONG crying.  Not crying - SCREAMING.  Poor kid.  I ended up calling the nurse's hotline (since it was Sunday) and they told me to take him to the Twinsburg ER.
 I did, and they told us we were going (by squad) to Hillcrest to be admitted.  I seriously thought we were going to Twinsburg to get a breathing treatment.  When we got to Hillcrest, I was told we'd be staying the night.   I am so grateful for my inlaws who stayed in town for an extra two nights to watch Ares. (Ares, by the way, was LOVING all the attention he got from his grandparents. I'm not sure he even realized Atlas was in the hospital, haha)

I expected to go home that next morning, because he was already feeling a little bit better, but apparently he needed oxygen still.  Same story, two more nights.  We were in the Hospital from Sunday (around noon) until Wednesday afternoon.  Adam stayed in the hospital for the first two nights, but on the third night, he took Ares to the New Year's Eve party while I was stuck with the roommates from hell.  Both parents were as sick as their little girl who was in the hospital for the same things Atlas was (RSV), both parents and the little girl kept coughing shit up, and hacking, blowing bloody noses and snoring SO FREAKING LOUD.  It.Was.Awful.  On the plus side, my mom worked that night, so I was able to celebrate New Years with her!  =)









silly husband

The food in the hospital was awful, the Gallo's were AWESOME and had this delivered to our room. 



No comments: