Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's been a long time

So I've been MIA for roughly 2 weeks -  I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've been here!  Over the next few days I'll start posting about:


  • Week "vacation" 
  • Soccer
  • School Pictures
  • Back to work
  • Atlas' statistics
  • Weekend at Hocking Hills
Look at that hair!

But first I'll start with my super-happy baby boy!  Atlas has been amazing.  Apparently this whole 'no dairy' thing has something going for it.   The formula worked to get all dairy out of his system, and gave me time to get it out of my system.  I kept all of the milk I pumped while transitioning to dairy free, so hopefully some day he CAN have dairy, as I could, quite possibly have about 2 months stored up already.    For me, I eat a little healthier too.  We found out the hard way that Atlas doesn't like hummus, that's ok, my body doesn't love it either, but at the latest football party, I couldn't eat much at all, no dips, no desserts, just the main dish, wings and veggies and chips.  I still didn't eat well, but much better had I been allowed to eat what everyone else did. 

My troll baby doll.  Cute!! 

Atlas gives away smiles like it's his job, he talks to us, he coos, he kicks and plays, it's SUCH a nice thing - to have a baby that's happy!

He's also started sleeping a lot more.  Last night we got 9 hours, the night before that, 11.  Eleven isn't normal, but 8 or 9 is.  It's pretty crazy.  

Three days ago he decided to start nursing.  I've been exclusively pumping for 2 months (since he was born, pretty much) but regularly trying to see if he'd nurse, and lo and behold, he did this past weekend!  It's great, to be able to go to a party, and if I run out of bottles, to just nurse him rather than find a room to pump - although, typically I have to still pump after he feeds, so it's not THAT much more convenient, but I can wait until I'm back home to do so.  Awesome sauce!!

Ares is an awesome big brother.  He requested that we put Atlas' car seat in the middle section so that he can be RIGHT next to him so he can see him and touch him.  It's awesome.  Ares now puts in pacifiers, he also cleans spit up, and even better, when Ares isn't in the car, I can now reach Atlas if necessary.  whoohoo!

Alright, that's it for now, there will be more in the next few days or so, I have to get my pictures off of my camera.  

No comments: