Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Apple Butter Fest

Last weekend after soccer I got my hair cut - a lot .  About 13" taken off.  I donated it, as I usually do. This time I went to Simply Swank to get it done.  It was a really nice spa place, in Hudson, that I could probably never afford again - but they cut hair for free if you donate it.   Then I paid $23 to get my brows done, lol!

After I got my hair done, we all packed it up and went to Darah and Devin's house to lift weights.  Well, Adam, Devin and I lifted, at least.  I made the mistake of doing weighted lunges first.  Wow, did my legs hurt immediately, they didn't wait for the next day to be sore!  I did a handful of arm exercises too, but my chest/arms/back did not hurt at all.  Next time I must have to add weight.

After lifting we went out to buy a new lawnmower.  It took about 2 hours to buy a lawnmower.  Thanks SEARS.  I was not impressed at all with the company, but we walked out with what we wanted, albeit, the floor model due to their inventory being destroyed by some sort of Hulk like monster. (Or forklifts played soccer with them, as the boxes and units were all bent to Hell.)

On Sunday we met Megan, Scott, Hannah and Zach at the Burton Apple Butter festival.  It was pretty expensive to view absolutely nothing.  The only good thing about the place is they had an open hay bale for the kids to play in.  It was about 10x15' of loose hay.   Afterwards we went out to the Rusty Bucket for dinner.  It was pretty nice.   We'll never go back to Burton though, it was terrible.

Ares had the traveling bear for this weekend (Something his classroom does)







See my short hair?!?!

No comments: