Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, September 9, 2013

When Will it End?

I'm sorry if all I do is complain on here - let's just consider this documentation for when Atlas has his own children and they're giving him a hard time.  He's miserable, I'm miserable, Adam's miserable, and dear Ares is just as jolly as ever.  He ignores it completely, even when Atlas is screaming in the seat next to him in the car.

Atlas has been screaming  non-stop for 3 hours now.  He's puked up everything he's eaten, be it water or the most expensive over the counter formula (apparently there's more expensive out there - it's just prescription) we have.  It's not working.  At all.  It's been more than 48 hours. Three times he's puked OVER the burp blanket (a hospital blanket is what we use as a burp cloth) and twice he's gone through two burp blankets in one sitting.  He's not fussy, this is screaming in pain at the top of his lungs.  It's awful, and it sucks and it's awful.  This better end soon, or I may just lose my mind.  Adam wants to visit his grandparents this coming weekend.  It was actually my idea - a few weeks ago. However, as much as I love visiting and seeing them, (we don't see you guys enough!) I'm dreading it.  I mean, nothing says love like guests bringing in a child that screams waking up the neighborhood for 6 straight hours.
Adam's trying to take him for a car ride to see if that will help matters any while I cry myself to sleep.   I'll be up in another 2 hours to pump - hopefully in silence.

Update:
20 minute car ride - no beans, 20 minute shower, in process, the water is getting cold.  Stay tuned for the next episode of :  Is He a Merman or Will Nothing Work?   Check your local listings.

No comments: