Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

He's Baaack

I have to say, aside from a little whining because he wants people to do things for him (mostly the first evening home and lots of whining at baseball) Ares has been an awesome kid.  Typically, he comes back from Grandma and Grandpa's (even if we're with him for the weekend) and the week is a little rough.  I was expecting worse, but it didn't really happen at all.  =)  Yay!  Now I'm even more excited about his week at Grandma's in August! (Although, apparently not as excited as he is.  "Is August next week?!?!" he asks.  hahaha - I'm not ready to get rid of him again that soon!)

Yesterday, Ares was all lovey dovey on me.  It. was. awesome.  Aunt Cindy came to my work to pick him up as she does every Tuesday, and when I crouched down to get my hug and kiss goodbye, Ares grabbed my face, and kissed my cheek about 25 times, kissed my lips once, and then kissed my cheek another 25 times.  Later in the evening, he wanted to sit by me while watching TV, even holding my hand some of the time.  This was awesome, because I didn't see him in an entire week last week, and the whole month before that he had been favoring daddy a lot.

Right before bed, he states "I want to talk to Atlas."  Grabs my shirt, lifts it so he could see my belly, and says "Hello baby Atlas!  I love you!!" and then kissed the belly.  Monday night we read the big brother book (again).  Not because he likes the words or the story, but  because he likes the page where it shows him how many weeks the baby is, and how big that means he is.  It's adorable, he's REALLY excited about being a big brother, and I think he'll be a great one!

Last night, Ares woke up SCREAMING  "I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!"  at 1:30 AM.  The only thing I can think, is that he was dreaming that he was being tickled. When he gets tickled (not just a little tickle, but a constant one) he'll yell "I love you_____!"  (usually grandpa or daddy - as I HATE to be tickled, so I typically don't tickle others).    I went in, told him we loved him, and covered him up.  He woke up wet the next morning.  Ugh.  First time in a long time - first time while NOT on a crib mattress. 

No comments: