Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dirty to Green

The most hated room in our house (by me) is in the middle of a (fabulous) makeover.   The cabinet has been taken down, the wire shelf is down, the shoes are all out, the washer and dryer are all in crazy spots but there's a coat of paint on the walls!  The walls were the builder white, but most of them were dark with dirt, mud and scuff stains.  It looked horrific.  The mat to put shoes on was over flowing (still need to find an answer for that) and the carpet was just a runner that was 18" wide and the vacuum hated it and always wanted to eat it.  I absolutely CANNOT wait to put the last coat of paint on this evening, move those machines back and put the new (appropriately sized) rug in the room.   So-Freaking-Excited! 

Maybe now I'll start to like the room that I see first and last when entering and leaving the house.   In fact, I like the color so much, I'm considering painting the kitchen the same color - I'd keep the living and morning room colors the same though, let's not get too crazy!  I think this color would look great with our maple cabinets.
New laundry room color - potentially kitchen?

This is the current color of our kitchen/living/morning rooms. 

I love the color in the living room and morning room, but the kitchen looks bad because it blends right in with the cabinets.  It matches the granite perfectly though. =/   I wish my cabinets were darker.  Adam already says no.

No comments: