WHAT a productive weekend we had! I call it a success, Adam, on the other hand feels like he didn't have a weekend. We started by putting a total of 4 coats of Polyurethane onto our dining room table, so NOW we can actually USE it! Yay! We did this over two days, with the proper drying time in between - but the table is more shiny now and looks even more fabulous than it did before - if that's possible!
We painted the baby's room. Adam loves the color, (I went with 'dust bunny') a brownish tan, but I think with the sun shining in, it looks more like a mauve. I hate it, but it's FAR better than what it was before (builder-white with lots of marks) and I'll never get Adam to help repaint, haha.
We cleaned our bedroom - I mean, put away ALL the (clean) laundry. Mine (just a little bit) Adam's (about 3 months worth), Ares' (a lot) and all the bed linens that had been littering our sitting room for the past
Oh, we also took Ares to the library for the first time. I cannot believe, as obsessed as my kid is with reading books, (he only has about 200 of them in his room) that we've never taken him. Unfortunately, the library is only open from 1-5 on Sundays, so we went during nap time, which was bad when it was time to leave (because he did NOT want to, and was 'NOT happy' as he told us), but we read 5 books, 3 relatively long ones, and his favorites: Pirates and monsters. We also got an airplane book, a Dr. Suess book (which I. HATE) and a monkey book. I think I'm the only one in the world who does not like Dr.Suess and Eric Carsle books.
![]() |
| crappy cell phone pic, but this is what Ares and I did all Sunday morning =) |
(Does anyone else spell vacuum like vacume? I do, and spell check went cray cray with that.)

No comments:
Post a Comment