Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Halloween Costumes

Anyone:  Hey Ares, what do you want to be for Halloween?
Ares:  A princess!!!

**************************************************
Whole Story:
Last month:
Ares looking through a Halloween Magazine : I want to be scooby doo! 
Me:  That scooby costume is $70, how about Jake, from Jake and the Neverland Pirates?
Ares: No, I want to be Scooby Doo!
---
Next week, he's looking through the same magazine:  I want to be Tinkerbell for Halloween!
Me:  I thought you were going to be Jake?
Ares: No, I want to be Tinkerbell.
---
Last week,
My mom after picking him up from school:  Athena, your son wants to be a princess for Halloween
Ares: I want a dress and a wand and a crown!!
Me:  I thought you were going to be Jake?
Ares: No, a princess.
My mom: Let's put on a dinosaur costume (that doesn't fit).  Look at you!  You're a mean dinosaur.
Ares: I'm going to be a dinosaur for Halloween!
---
Four days ago,
Ares: I'm going to be a princess for Halloween!
Me: Why a princess Ares?
Ares: Because I like girls!
Me: but girls are usually princesses, do you want to be a prince?  How about Scooby Doo (My aunt happened to buy a scooby costume last year on sale - for him!  Ironic?!?)
Ares:  Nope, a princess, like at school
Me:  Do you dress up at school?  
Ares: Yes!!
Me: Do you wear pink? 
Ares: Pink is for girls, I want to be a blue princess!
Me: But you can be scooby doo, auntie cindy bought you a scooby doo outfit
Ares: Nope a princess
---
Yesterday to a neighbor:
Ares: I'm going to be a blue princess!

I'm not against him being a blue princess, either A) we'll have a great laugh about it when he's older, or B) we can say "We knew when he was only 3 years old." and still get a good laugh out of it.  Adam:  Not so sure of the princess idea. (And when I say 'not sure', it's more of a 'not having it'.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My aunt did her whole family up as Peter Pan characters and dressed her son (I think he was almost 2 at the time) up as tinkerball.....The pics are hilarious but mostly cause he was too young to remember or know what was going on...We showed it to him when he was in HS, it was great! haha

Athena said...

That's awesome! I kind of want to let him be a princess, but Adam just will not let it happen.