Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Party Prep - Exhaustion

Without my mom's help, the cake would probably have not been finished.

The cupcakes are done (I made 28 of them).

this frosting was waaay too hard to squeeze, I wish I knew there was a way to thin the frosting out.  Our  hands got cramps so badly.  I couldn't even open two of my fingers.  Towards the end of the cake frosting episode, I had to hold the frosting incorrecly to just finish.  My mom probably did more than half of the cake, I'm not sure why I have no pictures of her doing it.

Thank GOD for 9 foot islands, I cleaned it twice.  I didn't take pictures of the other counter tops.
Chocolate body parts - made with wilton chocolates, wilton frosting bags, a baking pan and wax paper.  Easy peasy!

Chocolate covered Marshmallow monsters

Elmo

Oscar the grouch

Monster beanbag game and balloon room (big hit!)

Monster settings (forks are inside the monster's mouth).

Ares' Monster cake.

No comments: