Ares is a little under the weather, and when I picked him up from school, had a total melt down. It took me about 5 minutes to get him to stop crying. He stopped crying when he heard the classroom next door singing his favorite children's song (Victor Vito). He said it wasn't loud enough, so we went into the room and sat to listen to it. I told him he can sing along (because he sings the song all the time at home) and he says "Mom, I'm two and a half, that's too old to sing." He did sing the last word of the song, so I gave him an odd look, and he responds "But I not too old for the last word mommy".
After we got in the car, we decided to go to the supermarket "the place where they sell apples and bananas" in Ares' words. On the way there, we heard 'Red Solo Cup' on the radio. After shopping and driving home, we walked into the house and he sings "I wift you up, and have a parrrty - and have a party". The words were a little off, but he sang it in the perfect tune of the song. There was no doubt he remembered the song... scary!
No comments:
Post a Comment