I was nervous that he would act out, or not go in the water (turns out, the child next to him threw a terrible tantrum) I was worried that it would scare Ares, but it didn't. He was the first one in the water (there's a ramp to walk into, so it's not a plunge or anything), and after about 30 seconds of standing in waist deep water, the kid disappeared. I didn't see him for a full 5 seconds and started to get worried. Turns out, he dropped his round dive toy he was holding, and went underwater to retrieve it. He was the only kid to put their head in the water the entire day.
As I toweled him off after the (fast) half hour, he asked if we could come back again. I told him we sure could, how about on Thursday, and he responds "And Friday too??" LOL. I think Friday is the only day of the week's name that he knows. Needless to say, I still think my kid is amazing. But it scares me that he would just jump in the water without anyone watching.
Also Tuesday morning, Adam was told he was being added to the CATastrophe list for work to potentially get called to Hurricane Irene's affected area. Tuesday night, around 6pm, he was called and told he needed to be on a 2:55 flight to New Jersey. He will be returning on 9/20 (so a total of 21 days, helping adjust claims from the wrath of the hurricane and it's flooding). Exciting for him, although, he missed out on our three days of planned cleaning to get the house ready for visitors that we have coming over a few times over the next couple of weeks.
It's good that he'll bring in a lot more money for working lots of overtime, but I don't think I've been away from Adam for more than 5 days since we've been married (and he'll be back the week of our 7th anniversary), so I'm REALLY going to miss him. At least I know he'll be safe, unlike those who's family members are truly deployed overseas for military.
No comments:
Post a Comment