Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, September 5, 2011

First weekend / Potty Time

It's our first weekend without daddy being home. It wasn't bad at all, as Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug came up to visit. Ares had a blast with them, and was really sad to wake up without them being there. After a few tears, we decided to start a new potty training regimen.

Saturday morning, grandma recommended we let Ares run around without any underwear on when we're at home. While I was running errands, they were brave enough to allow him to wear big boy underwear to the park and restaurant, and he stayed dry for a couple of hours. We met Eli's family and Davis' family for the Looney Toon's Orchestra performance, which was a great time, and the weather stayed nice as well. i was SUPER impressed that Davis was completely potty trained. Darrah said that they used the same method that was recommended earlier that day to me, so we're all in now!

It was amazing to see the boys play and run and wrestle together at the concert. these 3 kids are so fun to watch. they kept running ahead of us to get to the concert, and then, stopped running, and started holding hands- it was TOO cute!! I wish I had my camera with me (bad mom!)

Another fun day on Sunday with my in-laws as we went to the Taste of Hudson. There were lots of things for kids to do, although, it rained and we got soaked. It was still fun. After a super late nap, Ares woke up and we started the 'free range' baby idea. A few drips before bed, but we ran to the potty to finish, and so far this morning (we've only been up for 2 hours), but we've gone potty twice already.

Adam has been working REALLY hard these past few days. Friday he worked a 14 hour day, which is crazy! Good thing he only worked 8 hours on Saturday, and at least 10 yesterday. Today is the only day I want him to put in LONG hours, as it's a Holiday, so he will get double time and a half! Nice!! At least he's keeping busy, but I miss him lots. I think today I'm going to take Ares to the pool (indoor) and practice his swim moves.

No comments: