Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Friday, February 11, 2011

"Bubble Bath"

This is not me in the tub, I just found this picture online, poor girl, but this is kind of what the tub looks like .
So Ares needed a bath last night, and he insisted on a bubble bath. (As soon as you ask him if he wants a bath, he runs to the bathroom and yells bubble bath, bubble bath, bubbles!!) I wanted to take a nice soak myself, so I decided we'll do it in my nice new bathtub! We got in, I threw about 6 or 7 cap-fulls of bubbles in (I know the directions say 2, but the bathtub is HUGE), and we were off. Ares kept saying 'more bubbles mommy - peeeease', so I decided to turn on the jets in the tub to see if it would do anything. WHOA!!! Did we get some bubbles?!?! We had about 1.5 FEET of bubbles on top of the water. Daddy walks in and sees us splashing, so he decides to join us. (There's a large step inside the tub in the back, so Ares can sit down without the water being too high while we were sitting in the main part of the tub). Amazing! I swear this house was awesome, but really, I could have put this tub inside the old house and have been happy. It was like family time in the pool. (but with more childrens' bath toys, that kept getting lost in the bubbles).


We probably could have spent hours in there - except, after 15 or 20 minutes, Ares got that look on his face that says either "oops, i pooped" or "I'm going to poop soon", so panic swept in, and everyone rushed out to get him to the potty pronto. It was a false alarm, but the bath was short lived. It's OK though, life is great. If only we can get him to go to bed easily, and then stay asleep all night. He's not used to his room yet =(

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha great story. Were going to be redoing our bathroom and putting in a soaker tub! Bubbles!

Athena said...

Nicole, you'll LOVE IT! I'm excited for you! I've only actually been in mine once without my kid in there, but it's SOOOO relaxing!