Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sliding closer to victory

The word "victory" is so far from the truth... hehe. Adam and I had another double header on Wednesday. We played much better this time (as a team) I think we even scored 10 runs one game! Adam, is still stunning people with how fast he is. He's got great instincts in the field, just doesn't have ALL of the fundamentals down. He gets some of the harder things right, but not the easy ones. When he finally uses two hands to catch a ball, and gets directly in front of the grounders, he's going to be one hell of a ball player.


I had a decent game in the field. Snagged a fast line drive by some big muscled guy when I played 3rd base, had a few ground outs. I went 4 for 5 and walked once. I even got a double.... that one was well earned. See above. I had gauze on it last night and this morning, but when I got to work, it had already soaked through and got my pants wet, ewwwww.

Ares is adorable, so much fun, the perfect age. He went to sleep right away for us at 7:30 today. I hope that continues. Someone in his day-care has the hand-foot and mouth disease. Ares hasn't been at day-care since last Friday though due to the Holiday. (He goes Mon, Thurs, Fri) so hopefully he missed the period when the kid was contagious. Today he read my book with me, he even helped me turn the pages (consequently ripping a few). My mom bought Ares a bouncy swing that attaches to a door frame. This is between their kitchen and morning room. He LOVES this swing so much.

Sorry, the above two pictures were taken with my mom's camera. She needs a new one. See mom, you need a new camera... I suggest Canon.

4 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

Wow ... what a leg! I never had anything as impressive as that when I made my slides. I haven't played softball in years and I miss it ... need to find a team and join it!

Gotta love those swings. I've always believe that you can never go wrong with swings! Ares definitely looks like he's having a grand old time! :)

Athena said...

I used to get a large scrape like that a few times a year when I played softball during my high school years, but this is the first one in a few years. I don't remember it hurting two days later like it does now though.

This kid is a bouncing maniac! Hey, it makes him happy, and I get some of his best laughs and smiles.

Anonymous said...

Gianna still loves to bounce but they had to stop putting her in the one at daycare cause she's getting close to the weight limit! hehe! Poor thing crawls over there when she sees other babies in it!

Hand, Foot & Mouth was going around our daycare as well but only a few babies got it so hopefully you'll be as lucky as we were!

The Mac Pack said...

Ouch!!!

BTW...I used to think that Ares looked just like Adam but I can see so much of you in him now...