Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Grass on the tush

Ares has pretty much taken to sitting on his own. If he gets really distracted, he'll fall over. Here, he had the grass to grab on to if he was about to topple. I officially think this is the best age. He's so much fun, full of smiles, a little predictable, and.... *drum roll* he's sleeping very well. *knock on wood*
As much as I hated the two nights of our version of crying it out, it has seemed to work. He goes to bed without incident now, either plays, or falls right to sleep. At first, he woke up crying once or twice at night, but put himself to sleep. Now, if he wakes up, he plays some, or, like last night, we didn't even hear him wake up at all. Granted, we might have slept through him screaming or playing, but I'm pretty good about waking up whenever he goes into his tantrums. 10 hours straight, bottle, then 2 more hours. You go baby! Please, keep this up!
Friday, I had the day off of work. I went to my parents (who weren't yet home from Italy) and finished putting the molding up in the basement. I measured, cut, hammered, (made the nails flush) painted and everything! Only 3 phone calls to Adam's work to ask questions, one of which was asking where more nails were. I rocked!
Saturday night my Aunt watched Ares while we went to Dia's wedding. We didn't know a single person there (well, other than the bride and groom) but we had a spectacular time. Of course, in the craziness of getting things together for Ares, we left our camera and the scarf/drape to the outfit I borrowed at home. I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but I had fun none-the-less. We had to leave early to pick up mom and dad from the airport, well, that, and the fact that momma things had to be taken care of... oops! Please, don't ask Adam how the food was, he will rave for hours, and then try to convince you that you need to drop everything and go to an Indian restaurant (note, we are not even sure where there is one around here). I actually enjoyed the food as well. For some reason, I was expecting spicy, but there was none of that.

2 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

How ... absolutely ... ADORABLE! Love the picture of Ares naked in the grass!

It sounds like you're making some major progress with the sleep schedule. That's great news! Keep up the good work, Ares! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the 6 month mark also!! They are so fun, they start having somewhat of a schedule you can follow, and sleeping has been awesome since! :)