Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A trying week...

Ares seems to be pretty healthy again... in sound, however, some sort of demon has entered his body in the evenings. Quick! We need an exorcism! My son... who came into this world sleeping through the night (5 hours at a time, moving up an hour each week of his life) can not sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time. I think I might have brought the wrong child home from day-care. They do say that there's a look alike there, perhaps his mommy got Ares, and we got Davis. I think the thing that makes this the hardest is that my perfect dear husband (DH) who used to have all of the patience in the world, seems to have none with Ares. It sure doesn't make my life any easier. So now, after his 7th or 8th tantrum of the night, I'm up for work, listening to Adam yell at the baby while he warms his bottle for yet another feeding.
Tomorrow is my day to sleep in... will I get to? Doubtful.
Here's another cute pic:

2 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

It's frustrating as a new parent not knowing what to do with your child when he won't stop crying. You know that you've done everything for him and that he's fed, changed and loved. Night times are always a grand adventure! Not necessarily the best grand adventure, but an adventure nonetheless.

Is it possible that Ares is starting to teeth? It's not unusual for babies to begin getting their teeth as young as four months and Ares is around that time frame.

Good luck and I hope that he can get some better sleep in the near future!

Anonymous said...

One word - FERBER - he is my hero. Get the book if you can and then decide if it's right for you!