Other than the fact that this has been the week from hell, not much is going on. Ares' reflux is exceptionally bad, he has a horrible cough that is so bad he chokes himself awake, his nose is as clogged as can be, and he slept for a total of 20 minutes all day Saturday after not sleeping on Friday night OR Saturday night.
Thank goodness Adam wanted to work on his Jeep all weekend long. We literally spent about 9 hours each day of this weekend at my parents house, so they helped me take care of Ares since Adam was outside all day. (I even got a 15 minute nap in!!)
Saturday night, I ended up doing the terrible thing of putting Ares on his stomach to sleep. He fell asleep (my guy, who HATES tummy time!) on his stomach, and then I flipped him back over after 10 minutes (cuz I don't want to be "that mom" who puts her kid on his tummy and then he dies of SIDS).
House is a mess, need groceries, energy tank is EMPTY and it's the start of my long work week. Wow!
(Jen, did the whole "Ferber" 4 minute thing. Worked pretty well to get him to fall asleep, but he'd only sleep for a half hour! I guess that's why they call them "baby steps". )
2 comments:
Yeh it can take a few days in a row for Ferber to start working. But sounds like he has other issues keeping him awake.
Don't feel bad about the tummy sleeping. We had to let Gianna sleep on her tummy and at his age he could very well roll onto his belly himself. But we got the Anglecare movement monitor for peace of mind
Jen, it's great! We did Ferber for a little bit while he was sick, and last night, he woke up in the middle of the night, and talked himself to sleep! (I heard it on the monitor) It was hilarous to listen to him, lol. I always wonder what's going through his head, but I am so proud of him! I hope he does that again tonight!
Post a Comment