Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods...


Ares went to the doctor today. He has a nasty cough. Sounds like he's trying to cough something up, then he breathes it in, and gets stuck in his lungs... sounds nasty. Not a great day at day-care I guess. Ares is now 15 lbs, 13 oz. No fever, and the doc said his lungs sound great (although, says his cough sounds nasty). She doesn't want to put him on medication for sinus infection in case it's not that, so we're going to leave it be. I may go out and get some saline solution as the doc suggested. Anything to make him better. As we assumed, Sunday night was terrible - so was Monday early morning. Now that he's got this cough, we put him to bed in his bouncer chair, and put the humidifier on, and prayed that he falls asleep quickly. About 40 minutes later, and an entire workout going up and down and up and down stairs, he's sleeping. I hope he doesn't get up at 4:15 again..

I have some wonderful pictures of this weekend. Adam and I (and Ares) had a great time. Ares seems to love everyone, and was mostly smiles all weekend (aside from the most horrific night on Saturday). Grandma and Jim got him this toy that rolls around on it's own, that I swore would be too old for him, but he had the best time with it!

It was great seeing Khirstin, Derek and Braeden this weekend too. They leave for FL this week, and we're not sure when we'll get to see them again. Hopefully we can get down there to visit sometime.... of course, we'll wait until we're sure that Ares will sleep through the night!

The drive home (6 hrs) was long, but not as bad as I was anticipating. Adam drove the entire way. Two motorbikes passed us up going about 120 MPH, but a cop came soon after, and after a neat police/semi truck collaboration, we soon passed a cop giving two bikers tickets on the side of the road. That was an entertaining 10 minutes (took that long for the cop to catch up to the bikers).

2 comments:

The Mac Pack said...

Awww...Ares is so adorable! I had so much fun playing with him. I wish that he was feeling better! It was great to see you guys this weekend and we cannot wait until you come visit. ;)

(Interesting word verification: coffeemmmm)

Athena said...

It was really great seeing your family! I hope your party went well on Sunday. I sure wish we would have been able to stay, but leaving at 11:30 still made us get home after 6PM. After that followed a looong night, lol. I hope your trip goes quickly and safely!