Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and pants horrors!

Halloween was a lot of tun this year. We went to my parent's house and handed out candy there. Nearly every kid that came by was under the age of 8, which made them absolutely adorable. There was a little three year old skipping up driveways dressed as Dorothy (the most beautiful Dorothy ever, obviously home-made) singing "We're off to see the Wizard!" of course, she didn't know the rest of the song, so she just sang that one line, but it was absolutely adorable. Then she had to make sure we didn't forget her little brother... "He's a skunk"... obviously. Our youngest trick or treater was 7 weeks old. A neighbors little one. That's pretty neat, that our little guy/gal will have someone their age in the development to play with, and only about 4 houses down, (except across the street). Ballpark, naturally was a hit. He was dressed as Sponge Bob. I didn't' realize that every 4 and 5 year old in the world knew who sponge bob was. Most kids played with the dog before they got their candy. Some children, mom even had to remind them that there was candy there, haha. It was cute. Adam came late, dressed up as a Werewolf, however since the kids were so young, he didn't really keep his mask on long, because they were really afraid of him. Some kids he even needed to take the fake/hairy hands off, lol. It was fun, dad ended up with many chocolate bars left over to eat, he was happy.

I'm so sick of this election crap. I can't wait until today is over! I'm leaving work to vote soon, then I'll finish working from home. It'll be a nice change of scenery.

Adam's been sick the past few days. Absolutely miserable. Even so, he worked on Saturday, drove to my parents house and worked on their basement both Saturday AND Sunday. Poor Baby. (Exactly what he is when he's sick). Oh well, he's feeling a little better now, but he has a lot of homework to catch up on.

I had my 4th to last class last night. YAY! She changed our requirements for our paper again last night. I don't think I'm going to start it until the last week, because she keeps changing things. lol. She's right, we're all a bunch of over achievers... most of us had already started the paper, or at least written an outline on what she was looking for. The baby was kicking all day yesterday. It was nice to feel, but really, quite annoying.

I wore a pair of maternity Capri's today, I was really trying to save them for India, but I decided it was so nice out today, that I'd wear them. Good thing I did. The elastic bands (that you can change to make the pants bigger or smaller) became disconnected to the pants (the sewing ripped) and if I hadn't felt the fact that my pants were loose all of a sudden, they would have literally fallen down. It was quite embarrassing, and I had to rush to the rest room to jimmy rig the pants to stay up. literally. I ended up knotting the elastic around a belt loop and knotting it. Quite an interesting start to my morning... good thing this didn't happen while walking around in India! It took a while to thread the elastic through the waistband again!

3 more days of class
32 more days until India
20 weeks, 5 days

No comments: