Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

YAY!! BOO!!

We bought the tickets!!! YAY!!! We're now poor! BOO! But we are so excited! Tonight we're going to Border's to get the LP book and look through other travel books (which we LOVE doing). Dia has helped us put together a pretty solid itinerary. We have to wait a few months to learn how much the plane tickets around the country will be. (In India, you can only purchase airline tickets 2 months in advanced). This makes it a little difficult for us to budget, but we figure, we may only get there once, so we'll do everything we can to see what we want, and to stay out of the poor house. Sacrifices will be made. (Perhaps our little one(s) will need to stay in state for college rather than go to Oxford in England).

I have been reading things online about pregnancy, and while some forums are very helpful, others are just plain scary. This is after I figure out what the heck DD and DS and DH and MC and BSS and all of those stupid acronyms stand for. That took some time! I thought Progressive was bad with acronyms! Sometimes, I even wonder if I'm still pregnant as I've not had any symptoms (I'm not sure my "craving" for green beans is exactly a "craving".) I'm not sore (well, other than over doing it at the gym yesterday, but Justin Timberlake was freakin' hilarious when hosting the ESPN awards, and I couldn't drag myself off of the treadmill), I don't get sick (except when drinking orange juice and taking the prenatal vitamins together) for now on, I'll always take those darned things with foo
d AND I've lost two pounds (what?!?!). I'm sleeping terrible, perhaps that's a symptom, or perhaps it's my puppy that either walks around the bed licking our faces in the middle of the night (YUM) or whines if we put him in his crate. I've come to accept the whining part. It's just the beginning of what's to come, I know. And besides, I'm beginning to sleep through it. Too bad my DH (dear husband) is unable to.

I have a final for Project Management tomorrow. I suppose I should begin to study that rather than studying these baby pages. PS, have I mentioned how difficult it is going to be finding maternity shorts/short sleeved shirts in November/December for my vacation? I know people are going to say how lucky I am that I'm not 6 months pregnant in the middle of the summer... but for a few weeks in India, I will be!!! =).


5 weeks 4 days
30 more days of class

No comments: