Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reservations

So, we're booking our flight today. Those are not the reservations we're having though. All of a sudden, Adam's excitement turns into "How in the hell can we afford a baby?". My answer: "Beats me.", but I'm always told it's never a "good" time to have a baby. We'll figure it out, we always do, (right?). For some reason, I'm not nervous at all; I think that's a good thing.

I'm more nervous about getting fat ankles. Actually, since the ankle that I had surgery on is already fat, I'm worried about getting "fat ankle". Perhaps I shouldn't worry, then they'll just match.

I'm always hearing that pregnant women have to pee a lot. I've figured out why. Because they drink a lot. (DUH) All of a sudden, I've started craving water, and I drink about 50-60 oz of water a day. Another craving: I'm sure it's way too soon to have cravings as I'm only about 5 weeks, but I can't seem to get enough green beans. Adam makes the best green beans, (they can compete with The Outback Steakhouse's) I've just learned how to make them like him, so I'm totally excited. Adam went out and bought 4 bags of them for me. He's the best, isn't he?

So our flight leaves on December 6th from Cleveland, and we'll get to India on the 7th probably around midnight. We had planned to stay at a hotel near the airport (which are rather expensive) that first night, but then Dia says that her family has already made plans to pick us up from the airport to bring us into town that night! Even as late as our flight gets in. Have I mentioned that she's such a sweetheart!? Then, we leave on the 24th at like, 8AM, and Dia's fiance Dev (I think pronounced Dave) said they'll take us to the airport that too! I don't know Dev yet, but he seems as sweet as Dia. I hope they don't regret asking us to the wedding as it already seems like they're going so far out of their way to help us. Anyhow, we'll arrive in town late (midnight) on the 24th. On the way home, we stop in Frankfurt and Chicago before Cleveland. We'll be exhausted on Christmas Day. Now... what to do with the dog. This might be the hardest part of our entire trip.

I can barely contain my excitement as I read up on Indian traditions and culture. It is so interesting. FYI, if giving a gift of $, make sure it ends with a 1. IE $51, $101... etc. I have yet to learn why as none of the web sites actually explain why.

I have read that I should take a picture of my belly and measure it so we can watch it grow... Here we go.... Like I would really take a picture of before. Trust me, it's not nearly as pretty as this one, but not too far off.




Count: 5 weeks
Days of Class left: 31

No comments: