Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Atlas went around the whole development
but only got out of the stroller at two houses. 
I must say, this has been a fantastic weekend!

Friday night the family got to the Gerhardt's Halloween party, and everyone (of our kids) behaved so well.  Atlast went to bed about an hour after we got there (and slept until we woke him up to leave - even with the other 20 kids running around and screaming like crazy).  Ares behaved so well, got along with the kids, and aside from a blister on his finger (from playing the drums a lot) and going COMPLETE Ape-Shit over it, he was OK.  Even when he had blood dripping down his nose, mouth, chin and neck from hitting Davis' noggin.
Ares was dressed up as Captain America, Atlas was an adorable little dragon, and Adam and I went to our fallback Pirate costumes.  We looked good though.   Adam and I (read: ME) have been a little overboard with the amount of time spent on our phones, so we both left our phones in the car and got NO photos.  Also, the photos from my phone on trick or treat night were very blurry, so here's some from my mom's phone.

Ares and Davis ran to each house
Here, he got smarties. He ate them
as we went around the rest of the houses. 

Saturday (Nov 1, but trick or treat night in our city) we had a very slow and easy family day, until the Robbins came over and walked the development with us.  Adam made his yummy chili earlier in the day, and my mom handed out candy at our house while we walked the development (took us 35 minutes to do the whole thing).
For only about 30 houses handing out candy, they really got a lot of stuff.

Sunday was the best day ever.  The boys both slept 12 hours, so the time change didn't affect us AT ALL, except for the fact that Adam and I got about 9 hours of sleep.  it was AWESOME!  We got to the  hardware store early, and got supplies for our day's projects.  Adam put in my anniversary gift (a uber technological towel warmer) and I got three of my projects done.  Two things for Castle Noel and some more rulers to make and sell.   Then, we went to my favorite Steak house in the area (Texas Roadhouse) for dinner.  It was yummy - except Atlas ate 1/4 of my Ribeye AND some of my ribs.  Ares also said he'll get the steak next time, because he liked my dinner better than his (chicken tenders).  *sigh*  At least I ordered steak AND ribs so I didn't leave there hungry.

I'm sorry for the long time between posts. SO MUCH STUFF is going on right now.  My Jamberry business is doing very well, although, while Adam's happy I've found a hobby, it drives him nuts how often I'm checking my phone.  I'm trying to work on getting office hours down so I'm not constantly on the phone.  I don't update this as much also, because I can't get to this program on my work computer, as they have Blogger blocked, and that's what I used when I updated daily.  Sorry!

No comments: