Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Cinci-Fabulous

Ugh, it's Monday, I'm psyched to be at work (can you tell, I'm taking a break to write a blog post), but I'm excited to put up pictures of this last weekend in Cincinnati.  The drive down was horrible.  I mean, never-drive-down-again long.   I'm hoping it was because we left Cleveland around 2:20 and there's more traffic around that time (and 4:30 in Columbus, 7:30 in Cincinnati) that it took us 5.5 hours to get there. 

We camped on the sand volleyball court in my in-laws front yard (overgrown, so all grass, but still very soft).  The first night Ares slept all by himself in his own tent - and didn't wake up once.  The second night he slept on the floor in ours. Both nights we had a fabulous bon-fire with plentiful drinks, food, company, etc.

We brought Davis and his parents (Darah and Devon) down with us this time, to go to the Entertrainment Junction's Everything Thomas exhibits.  (BTW, it's nearly the same as any other month, just with a couple of extra trains that have Thomas on it, kind of disappointing for us adults, but still very exciting for 3 year olds - which, was the only reason we were there). 






We, of course, made use of the zip line a couple of times.   Good stuff, that was.   Ares went down only twice, both times on his own though.  SUCH a big boy!  Davis went down twice too, on Devin's lap, maybe next time he'll go on his own.

Sunday morning we hit up the Newport Aquarium, watched the 'Penguin Parade', and enjoyed the sea life.  The boys, (of course) had a great time.  No surprise, it's a very nice aquarium. 




Ares picked a penguin, and chased it while it swam - for 10 minutes.
Probably the highlight of his Aquarium experience.


"I touched a fin!" and then he was done, no interest in feeling more.

Playing Frogger DDR style
Crocodiles Under there

They love to run around and see the colors behind their 'shadows change
Sunday evening Adam had to go switch cars with my mom again, and then change something or other on his Jeep - while I entertained Ares, put him to bed, and then read.  It was a nice evening, and a great weekend!

No comments: