Wait, August is over? What?!? OMG, what did I do this month? What have I done in the past two weeks? School has started!? (OK, this I know, because it takes me longer to get to work in the mornings now, with all the extra teacher traffic.) Is this what happens when you get older? Time seems like it goes faster and you can't remember what you wore yesterday, or is that just me?
Last weekend was pretty crazy. Adam ran the Warrior Dash again this year, long story (read: frustrating) why I didn't run this year, but I got to watch him, it looked like lots of fun. In fact, I was so frustrated that I didn't run that 5K, that I got on the treadmill on Monday and vowed to run my own 5K. And. I. Did. I ran the whole damned 3.1 miles on the treadmill - without stopping. I've never run for that long straight, without walking for 30 seconds here or there - and never on a treadmill, but I just slowed the pace down (a lot) and had a good book ready (on the Kindle), and I methodically pounded the proverbial pavement for 36 minutes - no rests or stops. Yes, 36 minutes for a 5K is long, I probably could have done it in a shorter time if I ran faster, and then did walk for a minute once or twice, but still, I ran non stop and I've never done that. (The next day, I ran 2.54 miles). The past few days I haven't gotten a lunch at work, so I haven't run at all - maybe this afternoon??
After Warrior Dash, Adam and I hosted a 30th birthday party for Cristal. Her family was in town, and her hubby wanted to throw her a party, and our house is a great house for a party, and everyone (including us) had a great time.
I've got stuff to make a new art project. I'm not going to show it on here, because if it works out, it might lead to some other ideas for Christmas gifts. The only clue is the paint is cheap, but the canvas is expensive!! Time consuming, but fun. Don't Google that, it won't get you anything. Plus, we decided on going with Rustoleum for finishing the dining room table (and by 'finish' I mean 'start'). Lots of projects to do!!
Off to Cinci again this weekend. One thing I really hate - packing. Mostly because I don't like any of my clothing choices (or how any of my clothes fit me), but I really hate packing, picking things out that I might want to wear a few days in advance really sucks. Ah well, good times to come this weekend - family reunion!
No comments:
Post a Comment