Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jeep Skool 4th of July



This year wasn't as good as the past ones. My mom is sick with pneumonia and my brother just got back in town from AZ, so no one came out with us. The weather was warm (90*+) and the mud was plentiful. I do not enjoy getting bounced around, so I do not partake in the Jeep things, but Ares and Adam love it.


Unfortunately, Adam dropped Ares off with me (while I was reading) and tried to get him to sleep in the tent. Epic Fail. I was forced to try and entertain Ares with a ball, a truck and bubbles for over 4 hours. It. was. awful. Halfway through, Ares wanted to go back in the Jeep, but Adam never checked his phone, nor did he call to see how things were going.


It was cold at night - and Ares and I were 'sharing' sleeping bags. (A big fluffy one on the bottom, and a tiny little one on top) because we realized (and by "we", I mean "I", Adam was already sleeping) that Ares is too young to get the concept of a sleeping bag. So essentially, Ares got to cover up, I got the rut under my body (and froze) and everyone else was fine. I'm pretty sure that I'll never go camping at Jeep Skool again. It's fun to camp, but not when I'm alone most of the time. Bleh!


Swimming this weekend was fun. Ares is afraid of NOTHING - and it's VERY scary. I have no pictures from the party though, but everyone had a GREAT time.


Cara's wedding was much more fun than I had thought as well. It's always a good time when you have our group of friends together though.

No comments: