Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, July 11, 2011

9+ Inning Indians Game

I know I complain often about the terrible twos - and I just realized that I don't put enough of the good moments up here, so - here's what happened this weekend.




Friday we went to the Cleveland Indians game (they got killed by the Blue Jays). We got there at 6:45, for the 7:05 game, and stayed the entire time, with a two year old in my lap. He got restless around the 2nd or 3rd inning, and it didn't last long. After the game was an awesome fireworks show. When it got quiet, somewhere in the middle of the show, he LOUDLY exclaimed: "I LIKE THE LOUD ONES!!". People thought he was hilarious, and a VERY good boy. It probably didn't hurt that we were super close to the field. Finally got home around midnight. I cannot even explain how good, and fun he was at this game. He got lots of compliments on his behavior from other fans.

He was mad that some Blue Jay fans were sitting around us singing "Jose, Jose, Jose Joseeeee, Joseeee, Josee" instead of "Ole, Ole Ole Oleeee, Oleeee, Oleee". He kept trying to correct them. Then, he started singing another soccer chant.



"We love you, we love you, we love you, and where you ... (go we'll) follow, (we'll) follow, (we'll) follow .....(cuz we
support)
Columbus Columbus Columbus, and that's .... (the way we) like it, like it, like it, whoa whoa whoaaaaa, whoa whoa whoaaaaa".


He was only missing a few words in red there. I was pretty impressed though.



Saturday we went garage sale-ing. Again, early in the morning, the kid was amazing, and got in and out of the stroller as requested - for more than 3 miles of walking. We didn't buy a single toy, my kid is awesome.


Sunday - back to Progressive Field to see another Indians game. It was kids day, so he played with a giant snake, a turtle, loved looking at the alligator, and threw a few baseballs. Seeing as it was 90* out, and we were all in the sun, Adam and I only lasted about 3 innings. The Indians were getting crushed (7-0) and we decided it was miserable out. Luckily, we walked to the bar across the street just in time to peer through the windows to see the final kick of the Women's soccer game. We had been keeping up with it on our phones, but to see them win was awesome. We later watched the game, because we DVR'd it.



No comments: