Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stay at Home Mom!


Well, as I suspected, the day I told my manager about the new job was my last day at work. Unfortunately, while I thought it was going to be Tuesday, it turned out to be Monday. (Tim was scheduled to be OOO on Tuesday in Harrisburg.) So Monday afternoon, I was packed up saying my goodbyes and outta there.

These past two days have been pretty crazy. I never realized how tough it is to be a stay at home mom! Constant attention giver for non stop. It's exhausting! This week has pretty much blurred together. We went to lunch with grandma and auntie cindy yesterday, and then chilled at Grandma's until around 8:30 or 9. He was a good kid, that's for sure. As long as there are some trucks and/or balls around, he's content.

For dinner, this kid ate about 1/3 cup of peas, some broccoli/cheese mixture, a container of applesauce and about 6 oz of chicken. He would spit out the chicken and eat the veggies, and I couldn't figure out what to do to get him to eat the chicken. In comes Damon's BBQ sauce. The kid ate the entire piece of chicken I had for him, and then I had to get more! It was so crazy! Then daddy gave him some ice cream and grandma gave him some of those Gerber wheels to snack on. He slept pretty well last night!
Next week... the zoo! (If the weather cooperates)

2 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

Glad you're enjoying your time home with Ares! I can only imagine how much fun it would be. I love the picture you have there. He just has so much personality and I love hearing the stories you and Adam tell!! :)

Pat and I are really looking forward to seeing you guys soon. I suggested a few weekends to Adam the other day for after mother's day that we could come visit. Let us know if one of them works out for you and we'll make it a date!

Athena said...

Oh geeze, he never told me you guys were looking for a weekend. After mother's day should work for us, so long as it's not May 15/16 20/23rd weekend of June 19/20, things have been pretty crazy for us. I wish our house would sell so we could have a bigger house!