We've signed with a real estate agent. We decided to go with Kellar-Williams. I am excited to sell our house. Hopefully we can get a decent down payment to our next place and move into something bigger soon!
Adam got his Nikon D-90 camera finally. I don't think he needs something so nice (so expensive!) but he seems to think he needs it. He is very happy with it. On the plus side, I never have to carry a camera with me again, he's obsessed with pictures.
I accepted a job offer for a new company. It will be tough leaving Progressive after nearly 7 years, but I think it's time to grow up and go to a company that will (hopefully) appreciate me more. The company is much smaller than Progressive but has a lot more potential for my career. I will be an APM or Assistant Product Manager. My job would be to research the Homeowners product and introduce it to the company. Our first state will be Hawaii (neat, although, the thought of traveling to Hawaii without my husband doesn't really sound like fun). Along with introducing Homeowners (pricing, claims, appointing agents and forecasting) I would also be in charge of half the premium (of 48 states) for RV insurance. (Also, pricing, forecasting, claims etc.) This is a HUGE promotion for me, and fortunately, the salary increase was decent, (the fact that they will guarantee end of year goalsharing and gave me a signing bonus helps too). I do know, that as soon as I tell my manager or HR, they will walk me out that day. Kind of sad, because there are so many great people here that I work with that I probably wouldn't get to say "bye" to. Fortunately for me, I have 4 weeks of vacation saved up, so I'll be getting paid the 2 weeks I'm not working, and then the first two weeks at this new company I'll be getting paid for both jobs. YAY! Exciting. If you work for Progressive right now and are reading this, please don't say anything, I think I will pick my last day to be Tuesday.
Ares has still been a pain in the butt, although, a lot less yesterday than prior days. The other day he gave me a great big HUGE hug, and it was so tight that I didn't even need to hold on to him, he was holding himself up. I LOVED it! Since he refuses to EVER put his head on my shoulder, I'll take hugs whenever I can get them.
No comments:
Post a Comment