Ares got his H1N1 shot yesterday. Someone I know calls it the "hiney" shot, cuz h1n1 looks like hini (if you're wondering where the title of the post comes from). He was soo good. He laid in my lap, then when he was stuck he looked at the nurse, then at me, and then at the kid screaming on the other side of the room, and that was it. No whimper, no tears, nothing. Perhaps it was that he saw me get the shot seconds before, or maybe the Pluto sticker (the dog, not the "planet") they gave him afterwards.
Hall of mirrors
This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Nothing but Orange - hiney
Just a short post - As of yesterday, Ares won't eat anything that's not Orange unless it's adult food. I always knew his fav. foods were pumpkin, sweet pot. and carrots, and he's never had an aversion to food before, but I tried to feed him other things yesterday, and I had to "mask" them with carrots to get him to open his mouth... brat.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a good little boy ! No tears ? Ethan screamed when he got the flu shot!
We've got a tough baby too. If she does cry it's only for a second or two until I can hold her. Hopefully he will do just as well with the blood draw (usually at 9 months) That's a tough one for the parents!
@Nicole, Ares cried with the flu shot too, just not this H1N1 shot. It was a lot smaller (needle) and had less liquid, so less time in the leg.
@Jen - blood draw!? no one told me about that =( He goes on 12/30 for his 9 mo. appt.
Some Dr. may have it done at 12 months, but 9 seems the norm. We had to go to Quest Diagnostic a few weeks after her apt(not sure if you have those in Ohio) but some people have it done right at the Pedi's office.
Luckilly my husband came with me and held her while I was ready to distract her. She didn't squirm though and just watched the whole thing going on (she loves watching when she gets shots too! silly girl). Gave a little cry at the end but was fine after a hug from Mommy and Daddy :)
Oh and no one told me about before hand either, I just happened to read all the other moms talking about on the message boards.
We do have Quest here. At least my mom's going with me to the appt. She watches Ares on Wed, and takes him up there to meet me so I don't have to take as much time off of work. I don't know why I worry about it so much, as even after taking 5 weeks of vacation this year, I still have 4 weeks left, but I still like to have lots of time saved up.
whoa you have a ton of vacation! I'm jealous (and also stingy about taking mine!)
Post a Comment