Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The key....

I think I have figured out how to get Ares into bed. We need to put him down before he's overly tired. I have done this 3 times now, and it's worked each night. Lets hope this post doesn't come back to bite me in the butt. The hard thing will be to continue this on the weekends and when we're out of town.

Adam has been trying to catch up on school work that he's behind on. That, combined with filling out applications for teaching jobs has left us with no time to do anything (other than Adam riding his bicycle). We will be going out this weekend =) Got an aunt to babysit and all! We are very excited.

I do need to start going to bed earlier. This whole 11:30 pm to bed and 5:30 to wake up certainly isn't working for me. How my mom can function on 4 hours of sleep is beyond me. At least Ares has been sleeping close to 11 hours now though!

Happy 4 month birthday Ares!! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That definitely is the key. It gets easier to spot their tired cues as the get older. Gianna will pull her hair or rub her eyes. Plus at Ares age he's probably got a 2 hour awake time before he needs to nap/go to bed. Gianna rarely makes it 3 hours before needing sleep.

Athena said...

It's amazing, I can't believe it took me 4 months to learn this! lol
Ares actually doesn't sleep much during the day at all, unless we're in the stroller. He's up a lot (which explains why he sleeps so well at night). Wish I had more time durin gthe day to get things done though, but usually he's up. Hopefully tht'll change. We have no set schedule yet, I'd kill for some routine!

Anonymous said...

Gianna didn't start getting near a schedule until she was about 6 months. She must be a sleepy baby because she takes about 4 hours worth of naps each day and still sleeps 11 hours straight at night. She would be a nightmare if she didn't nap good during the day!