Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh... the Pain...

In hopes of getting into better shape, I decided to start pilates last Friday, then I played softball that night. I'm not sure which one did it, but I could not walk by the end of the day. Not only was I not able to walk, I couldn't crawl either. Adam took me to the urgent care Saturday morning, and the doctor said that I was "constipated", hahaha, I never knew constipation could cause one not to be able to walk. It was a very uneventful weekend for me, (Adam bike rode a lot), Sunday, we went to my parent's because he wanted to ride his bike, and I couldn't watch the baby (can't pick him up) and once I collapsed on the floor trying to walk, mom took me to the ER at her hospital. 8 hours later, we got home at 4:30 AM with the diagnosis of sciatica. He thought I had a blood clot, so I also had to get an ultra sound. Unfortunately, the two doses of vicodin four times a day didn't help any, so we called a spine specialist downtown at the Cleveland Clinic. She thinks I may have a ruptured disc, however is upset that the ER didn't admit me because I couldn't walk, or at least do an MRI. So today, Thursday, I am exited about getting an MRI done! Meanwhile, when Adam isn't biking, he's being the perfect father and husband doing EVERYTHING around the house. More to come later....

2 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

Take care of yourself! This pain is not acceptable! I hope whatever it is is not too serious and allows for a quick recovery. Good thing Adam's such a big helper. :)

g'ma and jim said...

sorry to hear you're hurting athena, hope you feel better soon. keep us informed as to the results of the mri. keep the pics of that little guy coming we love to see them. he is soooooooo cute