Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

We're Struggling

I haven't posted much recently, because we're having a rough go at 2nd grade.  It took ONE day (no, less than 1 day) before I get an email from the teacher.  Ares won't participate, listen, follow directions, do work, or anything.  It has gotten better, then worse, then better, and worse.  


There's a new webpage, called classdojo.com that the teachers uses to update parents with +1 for good behavior and -1 for poor behaviors.  He's gotten a few +1 no -1 last week, because she wasn't taking points away, but on day 3 of this week, we've already gotten a -1 for not doing classwork.  He got a +1 yesterday for 'Safety'.   I'll try and post photos of our pre school fun & excitement.  Where we were all happy, as opposed to my day 1 after school where I was so upset (correction - WE were so upset) that we could barely even contain ourselves.   Soccer has been just as bad (aside from Tuesday, it was a good soccer day).


Atlas' first day of preschool was fantastic.  He's loving it, and doing great. He's been beyond happy, and as combative as Ares has been, Atlas is just the opposite.  


More to come, when I am not exhausted and busy with work.  

No comments: