Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ares' First Day of 2nd Grade





He wasn't really all that excited this year, but I was!  He humored me by taking the photos I asked for, but then politely, afterwards, asked if we didn't do it again until next year.  I told him that I get to take some on the last day of school, but I'll only take half the amount I did yesterday.  


He's in class with Mikayla, Eve and Kylie (S).  It's awesome that there's so many parents that we already know in the class.  Awesome that they get to eat lunch together and play at recess together. -OR- at least have someone there to play with if they wanted.  I'm pretty sure Ares played with some boys from his class last year.  They sat him next to Eve for the first day, but I'm not sure that was a good idea.  My guess is that lasts less than 1 week.  We'll see, and I'm perfectly OK with that.  






Ares had a rough day at school.  Rough enough that I got a call home from the teacher after class, about him not wanting to do one of the activities, and then crying quite hard at the end of the day when his project wasn't completed because he ran out of time.  His lack of ability to make decisions, and his perception of 'perfect' are killing him.   (Eyes should be circle if he liked addition better, but triangular if he likes subtraction better.  First it was 1) I don't like Math at all, I don't want eyes, then it was 2)I like subtraction better, but triangle eyes don't look right.   Turns out, there was a lot wrong with his perception (I'm not as smart as other people, I don't like to learn as much, I hate Math, blah blah blah).   He was MUCH better this morning when he woke up before school. We got a quick note from the teacher saying that he's had a better morning.  


The teacher does this www.classDojo website for behavior and notes to the parents/teacher.  It's amazing.  I get updates to the minute.  Great job class, for your bathroom behavior!  Ares, way to get a point for 'persistency'. I asked a question, and had an answer during the kids' lunch period.  I think I'm really going to like this teacher.  I'm sorry for her to have such a rough first day with Ares. 
















No comments: