Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Surgery! Luau!

Woohoo!  Half of my Thyroid is coming out on February 23rd!  I'm really excited to be losing my sexy neck bump (that is really, not even noticeable unless you press the side of my neck, but it's a fun nickname I have for it).   I've already come up with stories of how I got the cool cut/scar on my neck.  "Knife fight, you don't want to see the other guy" or "Got caught in an alley alone, had to fight to get out" or "the guillotine can't handle this sexy neck".  haha.

It's a pretty simple procedure, although, they need to keep me overnight for 23 hour observation.  Hopefully it doesn't hurt *too* much.  I won't lie, I'm hoping that I can sleep through the night, since my little ones haven't for a while.

Atlas  had a horrible cold/fever/conjunctivitis last week, and between Adam and I, we took 4 days off of work.   Fortunately, he was healthy when it came to our Luau party time, and BOTH boys played SO well all  night long.  I didn't even have to watch them as there were so many other kids around, I knew what the baby was doing all night long, and Ares and his friends are old enough to play by themselves in the basement now, which they did.   Another awesome party.  

Due to a handful of families having the flu, we had just shy of 50 people at the party this time.  It was perfect, as we could have had 72 people, with the way the RSVP's were coming in.   Of course, no pictures.  =(  

No comments: