December has been a pretty bad month. Lots to write about but for now, I'm going to complain - about Atlas. This child is exasperating. He spends 95% of his time crying and whining for food, but when you feed him he throws it on the ground screaming.
He eats pop-tarts 100% of his meals, but only 30% of the week, the other days, he throws it on the ground. I always swore that I wouldn't make my children their own meals, they eat what the family eats. Atlas - damned child has me making FIVE dinners, because when he says he wants something, he takes it and slams it on the ground crying. He loves hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, spaghetti and pizza, but only when HE wants them. He won't eat them when it's when we're eating it, or when I decide it's time to do the leftovers in the fridge.
He just cries and cries and cries. I'm so utterly frustrated with this child. I'm grateful we have him. I love him, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. I'd hate for anything to happen for him, but damn, he's frustrating. In other news, while I complain about this, menial, stupid, ridiculous "problem" we're having with Atlas, my sorority sister in the next state over is laying her 9 year old to rest after an 18+ months with cancer- and she's choosing to "choose joy". So aside from this short message to vent my frustrations (because otherwise I'm ready to throttle this child, and we don't hit in our household) I'm going to choose joy, and enjoy the snotty, slobbery, crying - because I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment