Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mmmm Mmmm Good!

Sooo, I can't find the post anywhere, I'm not sure if I ever posted about it, but one of Ares' first words (like, first 10 words) was 'Pickle'.  Most kids don't like pickles until they're older.  I mean, it's an odd taste. Well, not for my kids.  Both of my kids like pickles.  I'm not so sure we gave Ares a pickle this young, but Atlas kept trying to grab one off of our plates, so we let him.

And he loved it. LOVED LOVED it.  He must have chewed on that pickle for 5 minutes.  
He's also now a big fan of bananas and peaches, he has eaten peas (not his favorite) and carrots (eh) but he couldn't stay seated with the bananas and peaches.  I had to put the high chair tray over his arms because he was so excited for each bite he'd push up and clap his hands right in front of his mouth.

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) he's been drinking A LOT less of his bottles.  He used to drink about 6 of them each day, now he's down to about 4, but he only eats one small container of baby food a day.  So what's the result?  Atlas Does.Not.Sleep.  It's Thursday night, and we have not slept since Monday, and even then it wasn't good sleep.  Tuesday night we slept for 2 hours, with me and Atlas on the couch.  He was just awake, and wanted to be moving.  Wednesday night Adam (his night to stay up) instead just put him in the basement crying.  He didn't want to eat, his paci, to be held, nothing, he just cried.  Adam eventually slept on the couch on the main floor with Atlas in the basement, so he could wake up if  he started crying.  (Although, I'm not sure he would have heard from that far away).   Just a phase.


 My boys, I love them, they both drive me crazy in their own ways.  Bedtime is getting much easier, we've got a routine now, not that it matters, Atlas falls asleep easily, he just doesn't stay asleep after a couple of hours.
Ares absolutely LOVES having Atlas match him.  This super hero thing is awesome, I love it.  The Valentines day Santa Cupid dropped a package off at our front door yesterday.  In it, was a treasure trove of things to make both boys happy.  Atlas got another animal for his zoo (a rhino this time), and he got a spiderman, batman and superman shirts, two of which have capes on the back, just like what Ares has.  They are THE CUTEST things I think I've ever seen.  I'm not sure where Cupid (my mother in law) finds these things, but she gets the boys the best clothes.

They're being goofs.  Ares is putting a bracelet on Atlas' head and
Atlas is pushing him away.  Ahhh, brotherly love. 

No comments: