This past weekend was quite awesome, the weather was amazing, and we didn't really have any plans, aside from a picnic at Ben/Sabine and Eve's house (Ares' girlfriend, apparently). The kids were good, Ares had a few freakouts about bees and monsters, but they behaved (until 1AM, when we decided it was time to leave, and Ares didn't want to).
We went to the West Side Market on Saturday and just as I thought - Ares loved it. He wanted to eat, buy, try every single vegetable or fruit there. We got him a plum to eat while we were there, plus a chocolate mint oreo and we tried popcorn. I got a caramel apple for later and some lemons and kiwi's. Mom bought bread and strawberries. The strawberries were molded before the end of the day, my kiwis were soft before the end of the day. That sucks. Never going back to that vendor.
After the market, we spent the day staining the table (haven't poly'd it yet though) and taught Ares how to ride a two wheeled bike. It took about 5 tries, if that. He did awesome, only fell a couple of times (mostly because he'd put his feet down as soon as he got worried he'd fall. I wish we had more straight sidewalks than what we have around our house. He turned pretty successfully one time, but as soon as he turned, the only place for him to go was the flower garden, so he fell so he wouldn't squish the flowers (nice kid). I have video, not sure how to post though. =( Check Facebook! No pictures of course.
Sunday we were outside all day. Adam ran and biked, I sat outside with Ares and my mom. Then we came home, and sat outside while talking to the neighbors. We're both burned - very burned. I have the fun sock/capri burn line, plus face, chest and arms. Adam has a VERY funny unitard burn lines, legs and his back looks like he sported a women's bathingsuit. I took a picture of that too, but it's only on Facebook. I'm bad.




No comments:
Post a Comment