Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Family Fun Weekend

Yeaaahh, so we didn't get much of what we wanted to do done this weekend. Grocery shopping - nope, 4 coats of poly - we got one! Laundry, well, we started it, that's something.  What we did do:

Friday - Book club.  Oh, how I loooove book club.  Even if we read crappy books, it's a nice time to get together with other women that I really enjoy conversing with.  Most I'm just starting to get to know, but it's still a lot of fun.  Adam and Ben got Ares and Eve together, not so successful this time.  Ares was sick, like, either had the flu for two hours or got an allergic reaction to something, puked 5 different times (multiple times each incident) got some rashes all over his body, and then was fine after I gave him benedryl at 1AM.  My kid is amazing, he can make it to the bathroom when he's sick.  Thank goodness for that, or Adam would have had a VERY rough evening while I was gone. 

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL!  Not only a capital "B", but the whole word deserves caps lock.  mid 80's, perfect to go out and, what did we do?  I have no idea.  *seriously, 5 minutes later, I finally remembered Saturday*.  We went garage sale-ing, then played outside, took naps, and then went to Jeep Topless night down in Uniontown, followed by dinner at the Drive In Swensons where we ate with the top off the Jeep.  It was an awesome family day.

All Ares wants to do is sit on top of the Jeep. 
He got to for about an hour altogether this day.

Ares and Daddy watching the Jeeps go up the ramp.

Ares' 2nd favorite Jeep, the Cookie Monster Jeep.

Watching more Jeeps go up the ramp.

Sunday was Justice's wedding shower.  I went for a couple of hours, and MELTED in the 85* weather.  Fortunately, I got home and it was nap time.  Adam and Ares put together a few herb gardens together, and then had Subway Eat Fresh for lunch, so they were a happy couple. 

After nap time, we went outside and played, put a coat of poly on the table/bar and then came in for dinner.  Adam ran out to pick up some supplies while I cut Ares' hair, and then let him run through the sprinkler system for a half hour or so before we ate outside on the patio.

Another PERFECT family weekend.  I'm starting to love these, although, I know something will have to change when we add another little boy to the picture.   Less relaxing, more action packed.  Fortunately, Ares is a daddy's boy now, unless he's just woken up, so he may not need as much mommy attention as he used to.


No comments: