Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Great Logic

I'm pretty sure most kids at his age are doing this, and he's not a genius, but, these conversations still blow my mind. As a background to this conversation, Ares wet his bed (a toddler bed) and I was changing his sheets.

Ares: I want two blankets
Me: Well, you had two blankets on, and now they're both wet. You only have one blanket that's clean, so until I do laundry, you can only have one blanket.
Ares: I want the rocket ship blanket over there (pointing to the full size comforter in the corner.)
Me: That blanket is too big, if I put it on your bed, I will have to fold it a bunch of times, and you will sweat.
Ares: But that's OK - (one of his favorite sayings). Sweating is OK.
Me: Yes, sweating is OK, but not at night - you wake up at night hot, and then you can't sleep.
Ares: But Whyyy? (another of his most-used sayings)
Me: That blanket is too big for your bed. That's for when you get your big boy bed.
Ares: But this is a big boy bed. See, is no crib, I can get out.
Me: Yes, that's true, but we will someday get you a bed as big as the one in Grandma and Grandpa's room (while pointing across the hall to the Queen bed in the guest room).
Ares: *thinking hard* but you have a big boy bed
Me: Yes, mommy and daddy have a big person bed
Ares: Then you have the rocket ship blanket?
Me: *sigh* You're too smart

No comments: