Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Country Tis of Thee....

... oh my. My kid is in his 'Independent' stage, and it may just kill me. It took 8 minutes to walk from my car to Target last night. When I asked him if I can pick him up, he says 'no'. 'Do you want carried?' 'Nope!' OMG.

The kid wants to put his clothes on by himself, his shoes on all by himself, coat, he wants to tie his shoes by himself, clip his seat belt by himself.... never mind the fact that he can't do ANY of this stuff. In fact, he doesn't even know how to take his clothes OFF, let alone put them on. He's mastered taking his coat off so long as someone else unzips it (which, he won't let anyone do, because he's too damned independent).

Oh Lord, please grant me some patience during this phase. I asked a mom here at work who has kids slightly older, when this phase ends, and someone else pipped in "in 27 years". Yikes!

2 comments:

Pat Jones said...

And Sarah wonders why I just want to have cats. Though, I was pretty moved when I heard Colin call my brother "Da Da" yesterday.

Athena said...

That's exciting for Matt! To this day, I LOVE it when Ares says 'daddy'. Although, lately it's been 'daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy...."


Ahh, Patrick, despite these little 'hurdles' kids are awesome. You'd be a great dad to something other than a cat.