One of the head honcho's in Progressive Claims knows Adam fairly well, due to his close proximity to corporate. He suggested that Adam start looking for a different position in the company, one in which his talents (and knowledge of vehicles) would be put to better use. A few days later, Adam found a position that interested him and went for it.
It was a VERY unusual hiring process, foreign to anyone familiar w/ PRG's 3 month hiring methods. The managers in his office had to put together a recommendation for him, then a 15 minute phone interview. That's it. It was a week's process, so only 4 people got their resume's in on time and approved, and Adam was offered the job! Now, I'm not surprised, as he's pretty much been doing the job during his lunch time for free, and he's a whiz on vehicles, parts, and recognizing how damages occurred (which means he's REALLY good at distinguishing customer's lies, lol), but that doesn't make me any less proud of him. Go Adam!
- After a very disappointing bid on our house, we have pretty much ignored it. Which is evident when you wake up and trip over toys, and slide on yesterday's mail in the middle of the living room etc. Well, we have a showing on Monday now, so we have to make it especially clean again. Thank goodness, I was really starting to get disgusted with it!
- This just bugs me. Ares' school is the best, they totally give him nearly as many kisses and hugs as I give him, so I (and he) knows they love him, but I heard someone there pronounced his name as "air-ess" the other day. It's the first time, in over a year, but still... I hope I didn't sound rude when I corrected her '"It's pronounced like 'Aries' the sign, but spelled like Ares, as in the Greek God."
1 comment:
OT..But I did the crooked pics on picnik in the collge area and you have the option to make it crooked.
Post a Comment