Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Teefers

OK, I'd like to apologize right now if there are hundreds of misspellings today. I am as blind as a bat right now, and glasses don't work. After two months of fighting with my eyes, I went to a different eye doctor (one who's actually ON my plan) and found out that I have some kind of cold virus in my eyes from the last time I was sick (I don't even remember when that was). Anyhow, it caused lesions on my eyes and then something about white blood cells infiltrating and blah blah blah I can't see. It's a bit frustrating, as when I drive, I can't even tell the make or model of the vehicle in front of me, nor can I read a license plate. Hopefully I don't witness any kind of accident where I have to testify (although, chances are VERY good that I wouldn't even be a witness as I can't see anything). So I saw him on Saturday, (2 days ago) and I have to go back today. Hopefully the drops and oral antibiotics he put me on are starting to fix the issue (although, I can't see any better).

Ares is starting to get some teeth up top now. He was a little fussy yesterday, but nothing that was unmanageable. He just wanted to be held... by his daddy of course.
Saturday was so nice. I had my eye dr, and Adam started the running around for our wine party that we held that night. He also got a call from a guy who was selling his super long camera lens (that's my technical description) for his camera for $150, (guess that was a great price). That night, our house was immaculate, and we had 18 people over. The wine party was a great success, and I think everyone had fun. We certainly did. Ares slept through ALL of it. What a great kid I have!

Sunday morning was still around 60 degrees, so I started putting up my Christmas lights outside. I put up the candy cane lights, just so I could get the distance correct on the stakes, and then I kept the stakes in the took the candy canes down so it's not too tacky so early. I must have done 10 strands of lights, plus 4 or 5 "strands" of candy canes. Today, the Hollywood Christmas Movieland museum opened up, so we drove the hour to go view it. Impressive, I must say. Adam and I didn't go last year, so it was incredible to see all of the different movie costumes and sets. Unfortunately, Adam and I hadn't seen most of the movies that were there, although, they are very popular.

No comments: