Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Baby Bean's HB

Today was a fairly exciting day. First, I got to sleep in for almost 45 minutes. THAT is very exciting, especially as tired as I always am. Adam followed me to the doctor’s office with his convertible top off. Somehow, as dark as the sky was, he missed the rain by about 3 minutes. From what we heard, it was a torrential downpour. We saw the lightning right before we went into the office, and heard the thunder while we were filling out our family history. Then the lights go out. Normally electricity just flickers, but no, it was out-out.

So the nurse called us in, and we worked by the window light to go over the family history and so I can get measured and weighed. (Still haven’t gained a single pound, lost some if anything.) We spoke with the doctor about the trip to India, and he’s not sure about the anti-malaria medication. He says that the vaccines should be OK, but probably not any pills. I need to get him an exact list of what I need and then he’ll look into it some more.

He decided that since Adam was there, he’ll do the exam in the dark using a flashlight, but we won’t be able to do the ultrasound. This was a bummer as it’s difficult for Adam to get off of work, and he really wanted to see a heart beat. Well, after in the examination room for about 10 minutes, the lights go back on! YAY! We got a print out of the little baby bean! I don’t have a scanner, and the ‘rents don’t know yet, so we have to wait until we tell the family before a picture can get scanned in.

Adam was nearly in tears though. I think we’re both really starting to get excited. We were assured that there is only one, so the India trip is definitely on! We were given a large bag full of literature for first time parents, and it was SO hard to come back to work. I just want to sit and read (I’m a dork, I know). We went straight to CVS to make copies of the picture. We only made 3, but Adam wanted to make like, 10. I figure we’ll scan the next ones.

Anyhow, only a few more weeks until we start spreading the news. I was given a general date of March 19th for a due date. Adam’s worried that it’ll be a St.Patty’s day baby, me, I don’t care, I can’t drink either way, hehe.

9 weeks

No comments: