Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

I Ran a 15K!

Adam signed me up (without asking) for  a 15k (that's 9.3 miles).  It was called the hot chocolate 15k.  He ran/walked with me the whole time, carrying my gloves, headband, buff, phone, his phone and a Bluetooth speaker so we could have music while we ran.  I walked a lot, but ran more than i walked.   I averaged a12:54 minute mile.  (Which is good, as when i only run 2.5 miles it takes me a half hour.)  Throughout the race there were chocolate stops.  Chocolate at mile 2, chocolate marshmallows at mile 4, strawberry marshmallows at mile 6, m&ms at mile 8.  And of course, chocolate fondu and hot chocolate and dippings at the end.   (I don't really like chocolate, so Adam got lots of it) I'm glad i did it!   I'm not sure i will be able to do another one without adam being there to help me, but even though i was hurting, it was some nice childless time with my husband.  ♡♡

No comments: