What a weekend, what a month!
Our grass (from the previous post) is coming in great! It's almost to the point where we'd let the kids run on it. Ares and Atlas spent a week with their grandparents in Cincinnati while I spent 3 days in Florida, and Adam worked 2nd shift. Since my mom and aunt were also in Florida, we had to ship Atlas off as well. I won't lie, the three evenings I had to myself once I got back from FL and Adam was at work were pretty darn nice. I got to watch shows that I recorded 2+ years go, that I hadn't gotten to.
Ares' baseball season is over. Thank God. It was awful, have I written about that yet? Awful awful awful. AWFUL. Ares is not a ball player. He's afraid of the ball, afraid of the bat, afraid of his hat, afraid of everything. He threw tantrums, (epic tantrum of all happened during a game).
This fourth of July weekend was fantastic. We spent Thursday night with my parents at the Blossom Orchestra fireworks show. Atlas was a little fussy, but Ares behaved very well. The fireworks were "eh" this year, usually they're good, but this year they had a lot of spaces in between 1 or two fireworks. I was quite bored this time. We left at 5:30 to get there, and got there around 6pm. that was a pretty good time to pick a spot to sit where we wanted, and to get a good parking space **very important at Blossom. I finished a bottle of wine, it was good times!
Friday we spent at the Gerhardt's house. Ares, Eve and a TON of their friends all got to play in a small pool and slip'n'slide while the ladies chatted and the men played frisbeer. We got home around midnight. Atlas napped VERY well, and when he was awake, he entertained himself the WHOLE time. Ares also did very well, and none of the kids fought, bitched, moaned, tattled, or anything. It.Was.Awesome!
Saturday we did some more yard work, but this time in the front and on the side. We put in some rubber borders so the mulch/rocks wouldn't fall into the grass/sidewalk anymore. It was hard work, and again, Ares and Atlas were amazing. (Atlas probably took 5 hours in naps). So amazing, that I let Ares stay up late - as in, we had pizza and turned on a movie at 8PM. Atlas, ate dirt, and rocks, but that's to be expected, as everything goes in his mouth. Ares actually helped us, and didn't ask a million times if we'd play with him. Hey, that's awesome for a 5 year old!
Sunday was another great day! The kids were happy and full of love Sunday morning, and then in the afternoon the Gerhardts and Hartmans came over for a few beers and to let the kids play in the sprinklers. Again, the kids got along great, and built the biggest fort I've ever seen kids build. It was pretty kick-ass. I got some Jamberry work done in the evening (which is going quite well for me, thank goodness!)
I will update with photos later, we haven't taken any!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment