Ares had his Kingergarten assessment last week. He was SO excited about going, and when he got there he was all shy. Dana told me he only played with Colt, and when Colt left for his individual assessment, he just stood there looking lost. Poor kid. Then he got his finger pinched somewhere on his way out, and it started bleeding. *insert DRAMA* haha. This kid is all about the drama. You'd have thought his thumb was cut off and missing.
On the plus side, two days ago I got this note from his teacher. It came on a day that I REALLY needed to hear something good..
"Just have to tell you that Ares is doing so awesome with reading!!! We worked on a special word family game with shamrocks and gold coins, and he was sounding out the words with such ease! He was even going above and beyond by creating rhyming sentences with each word he read. So proud of him *smiley face*"
He really is pronouncing words SO well. We're currently working on him remembering words. The book will read "Batman caught Catwoman. CRASH! Catwoman hit the car. CRASH! Batman grabs the gem from Catwoman." Well, he has to pronounce all the letters in Batman, Catwoman and CRASH each time, even though it already appeared on the page a couple of times before that. Ah well, I'm still impressed with his ability to get through an entire book (it takes a while), but he tries so hard. And every time he reads a sight word (the, that, will, this, (there's like, 25 of them)) he gives me a high five. HAHA!! I get lots of high fives throughout a book, lol!
His birthday party is in a few days. There will be 24 kids. TWENTY FOUR. He'll only know about 21 of them. (He's having a joint bowling party with Matthew, one of his former classmates.) Plus a few are siblings, but I'm estimating a very large number of gifts. Eeeks! I'm going to take video of him opening them, and then post them on a website. I hope it works. Our 'parting gift' for each of the kids is the Lego Star Wars shirts we made the boys. I ended up going to Casey's house and we pumped out 20+ shirts. I hope we have enough! He opened up his gifts from his Grandma and Grandpa Doug already. I took video, but I'm having a hard time uploading it anywhere. WOW, was he SOOO excited with everything! Atlas loved the gifts (of tissue paper) too! It was like Christmas for both of them!
(On a funny not - Grandma Karen, Ares wants me to return the Transformer bag to you so you can 'fill it up again'. OMG my kid is spoiled. I told him that you would fill it up again - in another year when he turns 6.)
We're SOO happy that the weather is getting nicer. We got out to play a couple of times in the past few weeks. Ares even got to ride his (MUCH too small bicycle) around the whole development once. (After our neighbor Dave pumped up the tires for us. I couldn't do it myself to save my life - or the evening.) Atlas loved the walk. I had him in his carrier because it was still a little cool out, but he's probably old enough now to go in the regular part of the stroller.
Atlas has been doing very well during the day. He's so happy, loves to laugh (especially at his brother), he likes to be danced with, and for things to *bop* him on the head. We get the best laughs right before bed
because he's totally punch happy, haha. He's eating A TON now. We give him 3-5 containers of baby food each day, PLUS have just moved his bottles from 4 oz to 6 oz (which he mostly finishes each time). The night times. Ohhhh the night times. They're terribly exhausting. He's digressed, and aside from last night, probably only slept 8 hours total all week. ALL. WEEK. Last night, I did something I swore I'd never do (and, for the record, I'll never do again). I let him sleep in our bed. He sleeps SO WELL when he lays on my stomach. It works out when we sleep on the couch, and he slept great last night too, but I was very uncomfortable. Back to the couch it is. I don't mind. Adam does.
Adam started his new job. I love it. Oops, I mean he loves it. Hell, we both love it! I don't like how late he gets home from work. But guess what?!? He gets home from work, and *gasp* he doesn't work! The computer stays in the car. It's not on and being used from 8-9:30 PM. whooohooo!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment